Entering kindergarten is a big step -- the first step of your school adventure.
Kindergarten in the Shaker Heights schools is designed to foster children’s natural curiosity and to support their academic, creative, and social growth.
Here's what we offer:
- All-day, tuition-free kindergarten
- International Baccalaureate programming that emphasizes hands-on learning with a global outlook from preschool through high school
- Highly trained teachers with expertise in early childhood education
- Specialists in music, art, and physical education
- Support services for children who have special needs or who are learning English as a second language
- A nationally recognized program in Chinese language instruction, starting in Grade 1.
Find Out More!
Parents and guardians of children entering kindergarten in the fall of 2018 are invited to attend a special Open House to learn about Shaker’s kindergarten program, meet the principal, teachers, and fellow parents, and begin the registration process.
Mercer: March 7, 6:30 p.m.
Fernway: April 18, 9:30 a.m.
Boulevard: April 18, 6:30 a.m.
Lomond: April 19, 7 p.m.
Onaway: April 20, 9:30 a.m.
If you cannot attend the Open House at your school, feel free to attend one of the others.