The Association continues its active schedule under the following guidelines:
Membership is open to all retired Shaker employees: teachers, administrators, clerical, and support staff.
We meet twice during the year –the first Wednesday in May and October. Typically we meet for a social time at 11:00 am followed by lunch and a program. We select different locations for each meeting.
The activities of the Shaker Retired group include:
- Maintaining communication for social and professional contacts
- Providing information about legislative actions relevant to members' health and welfare issues
- Providing opportunities to volunteer in School programs
- Raising funds to support the Shaker Schools Foundation
- Promoting and supporting the Shaker Emeritus Program
- Organizing and sponsoring travel opportunities
- Publishing a Newsletter with members’ activities and news
President: Richard Peterjohn, Al Zimmerman, Jean Sylak, Don Coffee, Donna Brittain
Secretary: Ken Looney, Dottie Bruggeman
Treasurer: Hugh Bailey
Newsletter: Mary Underwood, Barbara Fox, Vickie Griminger, Adrianne Geszler
Program: Karen and Bill Thailing, Ellen Stepanian
Calligraphy on nametags has been done by Sonia Golden
Photos have been submitted by Xiao Ying, our volunteer photographer
Elections are held as needed when vacancies occur.
We are always open to volunteering for office holders and we welcome all suggestions for locations and programs for future meetings.