The Department of Curriculum & Instruction is responsible for supporting the creation, refinement and implementation of the District’s PreK-12 curriculum, and helps to oversee teaching and learning across all Shaker schools. As an International Baccalaureate continuum district, the Shaker Heights Schools curriculum is designed to nurture, educate, and graduate civic-minded students who are creative thinkers and skillful problem solvers and who are actively engaged in our global and multicultural society. The Shaker curriculum is aligned to Ohio state learning standards and supports student academic, social and emotional skill development.
The Curriculum & Instruction Department is comprised of the following District administrators and instructional leaders:
- Dr. Terri Breeden, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum & Instruction
- Dr. David Glasner, Executive Director of Curriculum & Instruction
- Dr. Erin Herbruck, Director of Professional Learning
- Dr. John Moore, District IB Coordinator
- Ms. Lauren Priestley, Curriculum & Instruction Technology Specialist
Learn more about these Curriculum & Instruction programs, resources and initiatives: