The District's health services team actively collaborates with families, students, staff and community resources in order to promote the health and well being of every child. We will intervene with actual and potential health problems through direct and indirect care, so that we may help reduce the spread of communicable disease, increase attendance and place the focus on life-long learning and health.
The role of the licensed school nurse includes numerous responsibilities. The District's nurses:
• Maintain, evaluate, and interpret health information to accommodate the needs of the students
• Participate as health specialists on the IEP team
• Develop and implement Individual Health Plans
• Formulate, recommend, implement, and supervise school health policy and protocols, including medications
• Plan and provide for emergency intervention for illness and injury for students and staff
• Participate in the control of communicable diseases by enforcing state immunization laws and providing surveillance of contagious disease
• Provide health education
• Serve as the liaison between the home and school on student health-related issues.