The Chief of Staff is responsible for the overall management and direction of the Departments of Student Affairs, including Family and Community Engagement (FACE) and Pupil Services. The Chief of Staff performs as a key strategic advisor and problem-solver for the Superintendent to support the deliverables of the Superintendent’s Cabinet. The Chief of Staff oversees management of the District’s strategic plan, Board of Education policies and District administrative guidelines. This position also ensures that the Office of the Superintendent is responsive to the needs of all Shaker students, families, staff, and other key community stakeholders. The Chief of Staff leads key initiatives with the direction of the superintendent, supports staff performance and facilitates communication between the Superintendent’s Office and other internal and external stakeholders when needed. The Chief of Staff is co-chair of the Equity Task Force and the Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council. The Chief of Staff is also the District liaison with the external consultants for the Five-Year Strategic Plan and the Strategic Plan Annual Report.
The Chief of Staff:
- Works with the Superintendent’s Cabinet to ensure policies, programs, objectives, and goals are conducted with best practices locally and worldwide, and that they align with the Shaker Heights City School District’s aspirations, mission, vision, and core values.
- Facilitates the implementation of the Five-Year Strategic Plan through ongoing work and interaction with school principals and all members of Superintendent’s Cabinet.
- Works with the Board of Education Policy Committee to facilitate policy revision and adoption to maintain legally up-to-date policies
Provides onboarding to newly-hired Senior Leadership and Principals.
- Supports the Interim Superintendent by serving as Bargaining Chair designee for Collective Bargaining.
- Serves as the District’s lead Title IX Compliance officer.
- Delegates the day-to-day operation of the Departments of Student Affairs, Family and Community Engagement (FACE) and Pupil Services while maintaining effective overall supervision.
- Provides advice and assistance in the hiring process in collaboration with Principals and Central Office administrators prior to the Superintendent’s approval.
- Ensures that staff uphold the rules, policies, and protocols of the District.
Chief of Staff Links
Board of Education Policies
District Organizational Chart
Equity Task Force
Family and Community Engagement (FACE)