Spring AIR Testing Schedule for 3rd and 4th Grades - 2019
Third and fourth graders in the Shaker Heights City School District will take the AIR (American Institutes for Research) Assessment in April. This test assess our students' English language arts and math skills and meets the requirements for the Third Grade Reading Guarantee. Each assessment will consist of two parts, each 90 minutes in duration. Please see the schedule
for your child's specific testing days and times.
If your child has an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) or a 504 plan, he or she may be eligible to take the test accomodations. If you are unsure, contact your child's teacher to find out whether any accomodations will be made.
In preparation for the assessments, here are some tips for the test days:
- Ensure that your student arrives to school on time.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep.
- Provide a good breakfast the days of the test.
- Express your confidence in your child's ability to his/her best
- Avoid upsetting situations or changes in routine, if possible.