Distribution of promotional flyers in the Shaker Heights City School District is at the sole discretion of the District. For questions or more information, please contact us at 216-295-1400 or [email protected]
Who May Submit
- Nonprofit organizations
- City/county offices
- Government entities
- Community clubs and organizations
- Commercial organizations that the District deems its partners.
These entities should be informing District students, parents/guardians and staff of cultural, educational or recreational activities sponsored by the organization. If applicable, an organization's nonprofit letter (IRS 501C) is required.
How to Submit
- Flyers must be submitted in a digital PDF format. No scanned documents, and no other format will be accepted. Flyers must be neat, complete and readable.
- To submit a flyer for approval, please fill out this Google Form: https://bit.ly/shakerflyers
- Only one flyer per organization per grading period (trimesters for PreK-4, quarters for Woodbury) may be submitted
- The flyer must be educational (cognitive, physical, social-emotional) and enriching in nature, supporting the educational mission of the Shaker Heights City School District and/or benefiting the District’s population in a positive manner.
- Flyers must list the name and phone number of a contact person.
- Flyers must include the following statement:
Unless explicitly stated, the activities/organization promoted are not affiliated with, endorsed by nor sponsored by the Shaker Heights City School District.
No flyer may contain anything that:
- attacks or promotes hostility or violence
- promotes any religious or political belief
- is obscene or profane
- interferes with others’ rights
- jeopardizes or directly competes with any District program
- promotes childcare/services outside of the direct purview of the District
- is purely commercial advertising for for-profit organizations
- is intended for anyone other than staff, students or parents/guardians
- The PDF flyer must be approved and stamped by the Department of Communications for distribution. The PDF flyer MUST be submitted through this Google Form: https://bit.ly/shakerflyers. Do not send hard copies.
- If approved, the flyer will be stamped and returned to the organization. It is then the responsibility of the organization requesting distribution of the flyer to make printed copies of the final stamped version using the organization’s own resources.
- The organization should prepare flyers in bundles of 25. The organization should deliver the following number of bundles to the buildings for K-6 (and PreK) distribution. Middle School and High School distribution is not available.
- Boulevard (Grades K-4) - 15
- Fernway (Grades K-4) - 15
- Lomond (Grades K-4) - 19
- Mercer (Grades K-4) - 15
- Onaway (Grades K-4) - 15 (PreK distribution is an additional 8 bundles)
- Woodbury (Grades 5 & 6) - 30
- For summer programs, flyers will be sent home in backpacks of K-6 (and PreK) students the last Friday of the month, March-May. School Administrative Assistants will be instructed to hold the summer flyers until that day. Middle School and High School distribution is not available.
- If the flyer is significant to the District as a whole, the flyer may be promoted as a news story on the District website at the sole discretion of the Communications Department.
- As the weekly email newsletter is for District-specific content, outside organizations will not be included.
- If the flyer is significant to any District group, it may be posted on the District Facebook page and/or the District Twitter account. This is at the sole discretion of the Communications Department.
- The Shaker Heights Schools Office of Communications reserves the right to NOT approve any flyer that is questionable and/or falls into a gray area, as the Department sees fit. Guidelines are subject to change at any time.
- Approval of flyers does not imply District endorsement of any identified product and/or service.
- Please allow 7-10 business days for flyer approval.