Interim Superintendent of Schools, 2018-2019
The Board of Education of the Shaker Heights City School District seeks an interim superintendent for the 2018-19 academic year. The ideal candidate is a collaborative leader who has experience in a diverse district with high expectations.
The Shaker Heights City School District is one of the top-performing districts in the state of Ohio. We provide a globally-focused educational program based upon the International Baccalaureate (IB) framework and have a tradition of academic excellence that spans more than 100 years.
The Board of Education of the Shaker Heights City School District seeks an exemplary educational leader who possesses the following characteristics:
- An experienced administrator who can effectively collaborate with administrators and staff;
- An effective communicator who can engage all constituent groups;
- Demonstrated performance in educational processes with an emphasis on curriculum and instruction;
- A manager who prioritizes available resources to support teaching and learning;
With regard to leadership experiences and accomplishments, the successful candidate will:
- Support ongoing District-wide efforts to enhance our supportive, inclusive and positive culture;
- Continue to promote employee and committee efforts to advance the Shaker mission of excellence, equity and exploration;
- Continue to ensure a safe environment, both physically and psychologically, for all members of the school community;
- Continue a collaborative partnership with the School Board with specific emphasis on the Strategic Plan, the Equity Task Force, the Capital Improvement Plan, and the Shaker Schools Foundation.
This position is up to one year and the candidate is not eligible to apply to the permanent superintendent position.
To apply, please send a letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com
by March 9, 2018.
For questions or more information please contact Board via email at firstname.lastname@example.org