The Shaker Heights City School District is again pleased to offer Summer Exploration, Learning and Fun (SELF), which provides a wide array of summer program options for all students in our district. SELF addresses barriers that currently exist and focus on equity, excellence and exploration by providing differentiated services and enrichment opportunities for all Shaker students at the elementary, middle and high school levels.
Programs will have a focus on the arts, STEM, global languages, skill, career and personal development. All of our programs offer a robust curriculum that includes a focus on the Literacy and Math standards.
Learn more about:
Registration Information | Program Schedule | Transportation Information | Program Cost, Discounts and Scholarships | Location | Meals | Shaker Recreation Program | Cancellation & Refund Policy
- SELF 2020 Programs will be posted here on February 10.
- Online Registration is open on Wednesday, March 4, 2020, at 9 a.m.
- Due to limited class size, registration will be first come, first serve.
- Waiting lists will be created for programs that have full enrollment, with the possibility of additional camps being added to accommodate the demand.
- SELF programs are available to all students living in Shaker.
- June 15 through July 30
- All programs run Monday through Thursday
- There are no programs the week of July 6.
- Transportation will be provided for students entering grades K – 8, except when the program attended is located in a building your student walks to during the school year.
- If you are requesting an alternate stop other than the address indicated in your registration account, you must request this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Only alternate stops within Shaker will be considered.
- Transportation can be provided to and from Shaker Rec before- and half-day traditional camp. You must request this by clicking HERE.
Program Costs, Discounts & Scholarships
- $100 per week (two-week programs are $200; three-week programs are $300), unless otherwise indicated.
- Full scholarships for students who have been approved for and receive free meals during the school year.
- Partial scholarships for students who have been approved for and receive reduced meals during the school year. A Discount of 87% will be given (one week = $13.00; two weeks = $26.00; three weeks = $39.00). There is a box that you can check within the registration process to apply for the scholarship or discount.
- In order to receive a scholarship or discount, the free/reduced meal application must have been submitted and approved. Information can be found HERE.
- All sessions take place in Shaker school buildings; Location is indicated in the session listings.
- Lunch is provided at no cost for all campers. Your child may also choose to bring his/her lunch.
- Note that due to the volume of meals being served, accommodations for food allergies or restrictions cannot be made.
- A morning snack and bottled water will be provided each day, in addition to lunch.
Shaker Recreation Programs
- A student participating in SELF can also register for before care and afternoon programs through Shaker Rec.
- Shaker Rec Half-Day Traditional Camp also includes full-day Friday.
- Shaker Rec half-day traditional camp starts the week of June 15.
- If you need transportation, you must request this by clicking HERE.
- For more information on Shaker Rec programs, click HERE.
Cancellation & Refund Policy