Congratulations to the seven Shaker Heights High School art students whose work will be on view in the Ohio Governor’s Youth Art Exhibition. This is the largest group of Shaker students ever selected for the exhibition.
- Isaiah Steiner, Junior, Painting, "Blur"
- Julia Shin, Senior, Portfolio, "Korean//American"
- Nazeeha Rios, Junior, Jewelry II, "Tree"
- Alice Markey, Junior, Jewelry II, "City"
- Ethan Vodrey, Senior, Jewelry/Portfolio, "Bee Bomb"
- Caroline Walsh, Senior, Portfolio, "The Bra Dress"
- Lara Devito, Junior, Painting, "Teacher"
The Ohio Governor's Youth Art Exhibition, now in its 48th year, is dedicated to the educational and artistic advancement of our talented young people in the state of Ohio. The exhibition is open to all of Ohio's 1,112 high schools, chartered by the State of Ohio Department of Education. The show will open on April 22, 2018 at the James A. Rhodes State Office Tower.
From the 11,500 regional entries from the 15 regions, approximately 2,500 are selected to enter the state judging. State jurors then select 300 for the actual exhibition, with 25 of the 300 chosen to receive the Governor's Award of Excellence. Scholarships are offered to seniors by over 30 universities and colleges of art. Shaker Heights High School had 15 works of art awarded at the regional level that went on to the state judging.
Teachers of these students are Karen DeMauro and Meryl Haring.