Leaders are readers.
Here are some books on my list to read this year:
Focus on Education:
- "Leverage Leadership: A Practical Guide to Building Exceptional Schools" 1st Edition (2012) by Paul Bambrick-Santoyo
- "What Great Principals Do Differently: Eighteen Things That Matter Most" 2nd Edition (2012) by Todd Whitaker
Focus on Young People:
- "All American Boys" (2017) by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely
- "The path to the Stars: My Journey from Girl Scout to Rocket Scientist" (2018) by Sylvia Acevedo
Focus on Leadership:
- "Belichick: The Making of the Greatest Football Coach of All Time Hardcover" (2018) by Ian O'Connor
- "Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance" (2016) by Angela Duckworth
- "The Thin Book of Trust; An Essential Primer for Building Trust at Work" (2008) by Charles Feltman
- "The Common Good" (2018) by Robert B. Reich
- "PACHINKO" (2017) by Min Jin Lee
- "The Tattooist of Auschwitz: A Novel" (2018) by Heather Morris
Remember to check out the new books at Shaker Library!