As an IB candidate school we are committed to providing high quality, challenging, international education by engaging students in a concept based curriculum, an education for the understanding of significant ideas.
The Key Concepts are the powerful ideas that have relevance within the subject area
and that students explore and re-explore in order to develop a coherent, in-depth understanding.
The 7 Key Concepts & Key Questions
- Form - What is it like?
- Function - How does it work?
- Causation - Why is it like it is?
- Change - How is it changing?
- Connection - How is it connected to other things?
- Perspective - What are the points of view?
- Responsibility - What is our responsibility?
(Making the PYP Happen: A curriculum framework for international primary education © 2007, 2009)