The Heights Career Tech Consortium application is live! Sophomores interested in becoming a part of the Heights Consortium family next school year should complete the application by January 14, 2022. The application is also available on the Heights Career Tech website. Go to the APPLY located on the top right corner of the screen to complete the application.
Career Technical Education (CTE) offers a strong academic and technical education to prepare students for college and careers. Locally, Heights Career Tech offers courses through a five-district consortium, including Bedford, Cleveland Heights, Maple Heights, Shaker Heights, and Warrensville Heights High Schools.
The Heights Career Tech Consortium Career Technical Education (CTE) programs provide an introduction to career fields through hands-on and simulated instruction and work-based learning for 11th & 12th grade students. Students in CTE programs can earn industry-recognized credentials and some college credit before graduating from high school.
CTE programs include:
- Audio Engineering
- Automotive Technology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Management
- Clinical Health
- Computer Networking
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Digital Design - Gaming
- Digital Video Production
- Engineering & Science Technologies - Engineering, Robotics, and Manufacturing (New CTE Program at Shaker)
- Engineering Technology - Project Lead the Way
- Exercise Science & Sports Medicine
- Graphic Imaging Technology
- Home Improvement & Maintenance
- Marketing Management
- Pharmacy Tech
- Teacher Academy
Students in CTE may also:
- earn articulated college credit (Tech Prep) or direct college credit through the College Transfer Assurance Guides (CTAG) affiliated with all Ohio Public Colleges/Universities.
- have time to take part in College Credit Plus (CCP) coursework.