Full Year – 1 Unit
Continuation of three-dimensional sculpture work with the mediums of White Clay, Red Clay with Grog, Porcelain.
Knowing and Understanding & Developing Skills
- Study of techniques and art movements.
- Emphasis on student choice, utilizing diverse media.
- Sgraffito and inlay, Slip casting, using molds, mold making
- Wheel Throwing, Kiln loading,glazing, Engobes, glaze recipes
Thinking Creatively & Responding
- Interpret techniques and history of ceramics to create your own unique artistic vision and style.
- Whole class critiques, independent teacher/student conferencing.
- Emphasis on exhibitions (shows, school showcases).
- *Supply kit required.
Recommended: Ceramics I plus Teacher recommendation and portfolio