The countdown is on: School starts on Wednesday, August 22!
August 7, 2018—We’ll share posts on social media over the next two weeks with tips to help you prepare and plan for a successful 2018-19 school year. In the meantime, here’s all the information you’ll need to Get Ready!
Get the free Shaker Heights Schools App. All the District- and building-level news, events and general information are available in our handy (and paperless!) app. Enable push alerts and notifications, view breakfast/lunch menus, subscribe to school-level calendars and more on your mobile device. Download it at the App Store or Google Play.
Load your calendar with important school and District dates. Here’s how:
- Subscribe to the District and school calendars on your mobile device or desktop. A subscription imports all District/building and/or Athletic events into your iCal, Outlook or Google Calendars and best of all, it automatically updates any changes, ensuring you always have the most up-to-date calendar at your fingertips. Tech savvy? Subscribe here. Need some help? Learn how to subscribe on an iPhone, on an Android device or on your desktop.
- Download/print a copy of our printed version of the District calendar. Get it here.
- Still want a printed copy of the 2018-19 calendar? A limited number of printed calendars are available for pickup at our school buildings (weekdays starting Monday, August 13 during office hours), the District Administration Building and both Shaker Heights Library locations.
Read the Handbook. Please familiarize yourself with the District policies and procedures, your student's rights and responsibilities, and general information like fees, schedules and academics. It's available online and on our app.
Check the mail or log on to ProgressBook to receive your student's class placement.
- Students in Grades K-6 will receive class placement letters by mail no later than one week prior to the start of school.
- Students in Grades 7-12 can log on to ProgressBook at noon on Monday, August 20 to learn class schedules.
Review supply lists.
- Learn more online about Fees and Supplies.
- Students in Grades K-6 pay a $35 fee to cover the cost of all school supplies for the year. That's right: no need to buy pencils, paper, folders or erasers.
- Students in Grades 7-12 pay a $25 activity fee. Middle School students should download the supply list online. High School teachers will provide students with supply lists during class.
- All fee payments can be made at Payforit.net.
Find out what's for lunch. View cafeteria menus by school (menus will be available closer to the start of school) and learn more about Food and Nutrition at our schools. Add funds to your student's lunch account at Payforit.net. Be sure to complete your free/reduced-lunch application online.
Sign up for School-Age Care (optional for students in grades K-6). The City of Shaker Heights operates school age care for Shaker Heights students. Learn more about the program or register online (sign-in required).
Check our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages for additional back-to-school updates and reminders. Enjoy the rest of the summer!