The Shaker Schools Communications Department received seven awards from the Ohio School Public Relations Association (OHSPRA), the most of any public school district in Ohio.
The honors included a special “Friend of Education” award—one of only two in the state—to the District’s Communications Advisory Council, a nine-member group of Shaker residents who have a variety of professional experiences in communications and public relations. Shaker also was recognized as "Best of the Best," which awards the best entry in each category statewide. Measuring What Matters, our annual report to the community, and The Shaker Connection, our monthly e-newsletter, were awarded the "Best of the Best designation, as well as the Shaker Life Magazine story "Shaker's Exceptional Students," which highlighted Shaker's pupil services and special education services.
Here is a list of all seven awards:
Award of Excellence
- Social Media Campaign: Get Ready (Kristen Miller)
- Writing Award: Making the Grade (Shaker Life story by Scott Stephens refuting state report card)
Mark of Distinction
- Writing: Our Voice is Power (speech for Superintendent for black history month by Scott Stephens)
Best of the Best
- Writing: Shaker's Exceptional Students (Shaker Life story by Jennifer Kuhel about special education)
- E-Newsletter: Shaker Connection (Jennifer Kuhel)
- Annual Quality Profile (Print): Measuring What Matters (Kristen Miller, Scott Stephens, Jennifer Kuhel)
2018 Friend of Education Award
- Communications Advisory Council