1. Where/how do I apply for scholarships?
If your child has been approved for and is receiving free meals, he or she will get a 100% discount on all programs. If your child has been approved for and is receiving reduced meals, he or she will get a discount (tuition for one week = $11; two weeks = $22; three weeks = $33)
There is a box that you can check within the registration process to apply for the scholarship or discount. You will need to check this box for each session you have requested enrollment.
Once your application for scholarship or discount has been verified, you will be notified by e-mail either way.
2. Where/when to register?
Registration begins on February 28 at 9:00 am.
- For June programs, registration closes at 11:00 p.m. on 5/31/18.
- For July programs, registration closes at 11:00 p.m. on 6/18/18.
3. Is my child eligible to attend these camps if he or she does not attend Shaker schools?
SELF programs are available to all students living in Shaker.
4. Is before care or after care provided?
Shaker's SELF Program does not provide before or after care. We will provide transportation to the SELF programs from Shaker Rec’s before care program, and to Shaker Rec’s afternoon camp programs from SELF. Shaker Rec also offers a full-day Friday program. For more information on Shaker Rec’s programs, click HERE.
5. Is transportation provided?
Transportation will be provided for students entering Grades 1-8 except when the program attended is located in a building the student walks to during the school year. Transportation will be provided to and from Shaker Rec’s before care and afternoon programs. This can be requested during the registration process. For more information on Shaker Rec’s programs, click HERE
6. Who will teach these programs?
Summer program teachers and aides are currently employed within the school district. If needed, supplemental support staff may be hired from outside the district.
Any programs that partner with outside vendors will have instructors provided by those vendors and will be supplemented by Shaker Schools staff.
7. What happens if I need to cancel my registration?
Cancellations will be refunded in full minus applicable processing fees.
- For June programs, a refund will be given until 5/31/18. For July programs, a refund will be given until 6/21/18.
- Cancellations after 5/31/18 for June programs and 6/21/18 for July programs will not receive a refund.
- All payments must have cleared prior to any refunds being issued.
- If a registrant fails to attend a session for which he/she is registered, any tuition paid will not be refunded. This amount may be transferred to another session that the registrant is eligible to attend.
- Tuition assistance, such as a scholarship, is not refundable to the registrant.
- If the Shaker Heights City School District cancels a session due to low enrollment or other factors, a full refund will be issued. The payment may be applied to another session that the registrant is eligible to attend, provided that the session is not yet at capacity.
8. What happens if my child is on a waiting list?
Enrollment in most programs is limited by either the outside vendor, or the space available. If your child is on a waiting list for Publish Your Own Book, Ready-Set-Go, or Leap Ahead to Success, there is a possibility that another section or additional spaces will be opened for certain sessions, depending on the response. You will receive an email letting you know if a space has opened up for your child.