High School PTO Officers for 2018-19
President Timeka Rashid, Ph.D.
President Melanie Sweeney
1st Vice President Brant Silvers
1st Vice President Kenyon Ward
VP Communication Susan Vodrey
VP Communication Tom Bennett
VP Educational Enrichment Sarah Divakarla
VP Educational Enrichment Amy Kim Kyremes-Parks
VP Financial Management Matt Lehman
VP Financial Management Mity Fowler
VP Outreach Keely O'Bryan
VP Outreach Emily
VP Parent Education & Advocacy Nevin Jenkins
VP Parent Education & Advocacy Emily Geier
Co-Secretary Leonora Roth
Co-Secretary Gretchen Witt
Treasurer Meg Weingart
Assistant Treasurer n/a
Nominating Chair Lisa Vahey
Nominating Chair Lisa Hamilton
Stay Informed About the High School
To stay informed of what is happening at the High School and the school district, please click here and enter your e-mail address. The High School PTO sends weekly e-newsletters on Fridays, as well as occasional mid-week updates. If you are not receiving The Oval, sign up today!
When you sign up for the e-mail list, you will be able to specify graduation year(s) for your student to enable delivery of class specific news. There is also a list specifically for SHHS Volunteers, if you sign up for this you will be notified when volunteers are needed for a PTO event.
We value your privacy; therefore, we will not sell, rent, or give your name or address to anyone. At any point, you can select the link that appears at the bottom of every e-mail to unsubscribe, or to change your preferences.
High School PTO Grants
The Shaker Heights High School PTO Grant program provides funding for classroom-based or extracurricular academic enrichment projects. The emphasis of the program is the development and implementation of innovative, enriching experiences for students. The SHHS PTO awarded $4,559 in grants for the 2016-17 school year to support the following 18 projects:
- Guest choral director
- American Experience tenth grade field trip
- Design class wood
- Mano en Mano salsa garden supplies
- Circuit Scribe classroom set for Science classes
- Nearpod for Language and Literature classes
- Language Acquisition peer tutor appreciation
- Asian Studies ceramic bowls project
- Chamber orchestra support for Lincoln Center trip
- Classroom set of Science World magazine
- Writing Center file organizer
- Writing Center membership to professional organization
- Nonfiction books for interdisciplinary 9 Team research
- Asian Studies guest speaker appreciation
- MYP tenth grade personal project T-shirts
- Table panels for group work in Individual and Societies classes
- Chess club T-shirt support
- Memory project for Art students
Tips for Families to Support Student Success
On October 10, 2016, SHHS PTO hosted an educator panel to share tips for student success at the High School. The panel presenters were Ms. Shaunna Bonner (Guidance Counselor), Ms. Mary Bourisseau (Guidance Counselor), Ms. Molly Miles (English Teacher), and Mr. Hubert McIntyre (Academic Resource Center/MAC Scholar Advisor). The moderator was Mr. David Peake (Guidance Counselor).
Click here to download tips for student success shared by the panel.