The Shaker Heights Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is dedicated to facilitating the active and informed involvement of all parents and families to achieve the educational success and well-being of all children.
What Is PTO Council?
Each Shaker school has a Parent Teacher Organization and every parent is automatically a member. PTO Council is a district-wide umbrella group that connects all eight of the PTOs. PTO Council oversees collaboration between the units and with other groups to engage and support students and families throughout the district.
PTO Council is responsible for:
PTO Council is funded through voluntary direct donations from families. Please consider making a $5 tax-deductible gift to PTO Council through PayForIt. Click on “Fees.” Thank you!
- Paying for and overseeing the electronic distribution of weekly school newsletters
- Compiling information for the annual printed District calendar
- Administering the Shaker Schools Family Directory app
- Organizing Superintendent community chats
- Helping with Family and Community Engagement Series
- Assisting with Family and Community Engagement Center
- Communication, coordination, and training of PTO volunteers
- Paying for the preparation of all PTO annual tax returns
- Holding public PTO Council meetings to share interests across all our schools
PTO Council is funded solely through voluntary direct donations from families and teachers. There are no fundraisers or other funding sources. Please consider a tax-deductible gift to PTO Council by going to PayForIt.
Click on "Fundraiser."
Your donation of $5 or $10 will help PTO Council pay for the PTO e-mail account used by all eight schools for electronic distribution of school newsletters, and to continue to provide families with resources such as the Shaker Heights Schools Family Directory and the annual calendar of student activities and PTO events.
Please donate today. Thank you!