In the Shaker Schools, one way we build community is by connecting our families with a district-wide directory. Our goal is 100% participation from Shaker families.
The Shaker School Family Directory is convenient and user-friendly, accessible either online or as a smartphone app. Shaker families maintain their own directory information.
This directory has many handy features including:
- searching by student name or by parent name,
- filtering students by school and grade level,
- linking to GPS driving directions, email, text, or telephone directly from the smartphone app
It's easy to sign up:
1. Click here.
2. Select "Join as a new family."
3. Select "Shaker Heights City School District."
4. Enter your information. (Required fields are identified with "*")
Your information will go into a queue to await approval. Allow a week for our PTO volunteer to approve your entry. Once approved you will receive an email from ShakerSchools.FamilyDirectory@gmail.com
with your login information and instructions on how to download the app to your smartphone. Now you will have access to the Shaker Family Directory via the computer at: www.schooldirectoryupdate.com or the app on your smartphone.
Some key points to remember about this directory app:
- If parents are living at the same address, there is one household tied to the student.
- If parents have separate addresses, they are set up as two households, but tied back to the same student. Each parent maintains his/her own household information and cannot update the other parent's household information. Please send an email to ShakerSchools.FamilyDirectory@gmail.com
identifying the 2 households to be linked (this is done by the PTO volunteer directory administrator).
- If there are siblings within one household with different last names, they must be set up as different families.
This is a little confusing, but remember that this is a student directory and not a parent directory and that can help. Questions? Contact ShakerSchools.FamilyDirectory@gmail.com