THE KEY CONCEPTS
As an IB World School, we are committed to providing high quality, challenging, international education by engaging students in a concept- based curriculum, an education for the understanding of significant ideas.
The Key Concepts are the powerful ideas that have relevance within the subject area and that students explore and re-explore in order to develop a coherent, in-depth understanding.
The 8 Key Concepts & Key Questions
- Function- How does it work?
- Causation- Why is it like it is?
- Change- How is it changing?
- Connection- How is it connected to other things?
- Perspective- What are the points of view?
- Responsibility- What is our responsibility?
- Reflection- How do we know?
(Making PYP Happen: A curriculum framework for international primary education © 2007, 2009)