PYP Exhibition, A Celebration of Learning!
The Primary Years Programme (PYP) exhibition represents a significant event in the life of a PYP school and student, synthesizing the essential elements of the PYP and sharing them with the whole school community. As a culminating experience it is an opportunity for students to exhibit the attributes of the International Baccalaureate (IB) learner profile that have been developing throughout their engagement with the PYP. In the students’ final year of the PYP, which occurs in some schools at age 10–11 and in others at age 11–12, there are five units of inquiry and the exhibition*. The exhibition unit takes place under any transdisciplinary theme at the discretion of the school. Students are required to engage in a collaborative, transdisciplinary inquiry process that involves them in identifying, investigating and offering solutions to real-life issues or problems. The central idea selected must be of sufficient scope and significance to warrant a detailed investigation by all students.
*Only IB World Schools offering the PYP are required to participate in the exhibition although candidate schools may choose to do so.
What is the purpose of Exhibition?
The PYP exhibition has a number of key purposes:
- for students to engage in an in-depth, collaborative inquiry
- to provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate independence and responsibility for their own learning
- to provide students with an opportunity to explore multiple perspectives
- for students to synthesize and apply their learning of previous years and to reflect upon their journey through the PYP
- to provide an authentic process for assessing student understanding to demonstrate how students can take action as a result of their learning
- to unite the students, teachers, parents and other members of the school community in a collaborative experience that incorporates the essential elements of the PYP
- to celebrate the transition of learners from primary to middle/secondary education
Join Us for Exhibition 2016-2017 - May 24, 2017
Parent Interest Mentor Presentation
Coordinator Update on the Exhibition Process 4.11.16
Coordinator Update on the Exhibition Process 4.25.16
Mercer Elementary Exhibition Video #1 - May 24, 2016
Mercer Elementary IB Exhibition Video #2 May 24, 2016
Mercer Elementary IB Exhibition Video #3 May 24, 2016
Mercer Elementary IB Exhibition Video #4 May 24, 2016
Mercer Elementary IB Exhibition Video #5 May 24, 2016
Please feel free to contact Mercer's IB PYP Coordinator, Maria Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in this exciting process of have resources that may support our exhibition.