The District Calendar Committee, which consists of students, parents, staff, and community members, is meeting to develop calendars for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 school years.
2017-2018 & 2018-2019 Calendar Development
- Invite email to Committee
- Create draft survey via email
- Send information/resources for Committee to review before the meeting
Meeting: February 1, 4-5:30 p.m.
- Discuss role of committee
- Discuss committee parameters and finalize survey
- Gather survey data (2 week window)
Meeting: March 7, 4-5:30 p.m.
- Review and discuss articles
- Review and discuss data
Meeting: April 11, 2-4 p.m.
- High School representatives share decision about end of semester moving from January to December
- Small representative group of Committee Members meet to develop draft calendars
Meeting: April 11, 4-6:30 p.m. (may finish sooner)
- High School representatives share decision about end of semester moving from January to December and school start times recommendations
- Small group will present drafts and group will decide on two to three to share with Stakeholders
Public Board memo issued on process
May 2-12: Districtwide stakeholder survey on drafts
Meeting: Week of May 16
- Review feedback from Stakeholder Survey
- Finalize proposed calendar
June 14 at 6 p.m.: Committee presents to School Board
July 12: Public hearing (at regular Board meeting)
August 9: Board approval and begin communication to families